Parents and Carers,
I hope that you enjoy reading our latest news in this format. This is a trial and feedback will be sought from our community after it has been in place for one term. The main reason for the change is this format converts to be easily read on various platforms such as desktop computer, laptop, tablet or mobile device.
I thank each and every one of you for your understanding and support tackling COVID-19 in our school community together. It continues to be a challenge at school, in our homes and community. I sincerely thank you for letting us know about cases in the home, as it allows us to keep our whole school community informed and safe. Our classroom staff have been amazing at continuing to provide learning at school, as well as at home for students in need. The Front Office team continue to work extremely hard to keep everyone informed and up to date.
I remind all families, that any student who isn’t well, should stay home. Term 2 changes to current restrictions for schools are as follows:
- Single year-group assemblies can be held in line with mask requirements.
- Parents/carers are allowed on school sites for outside school pick-up and drop-off, face to face parent-teacher meetings, attending year group assemblies, volunteering in roles outside of classrooms e.g. canteen, and uniform shop, and infrequent special events (in line with community venue capacity and density limits).
- In-school special events with more than a class size can be held with masks and physical distancing.
- Parents/carers are allowed to spectate at indoor and outdoor sporting events, performances and other interschool events with masks and physical distancing.
- Gatherings of parents/carers can occur on school sites e.g. School Boards and P&Cs, with mask wearing and physical distancing.
Playground Before and After School
During current restrictions, please be aware that playgrounds are out of bounds before and after school. Normally I would encourage families to stay after school and use the playgrounds, however we are still trying to minimise the amount of student interactions. For the time being, please ensure you collect your children from class, and move away from the school grounds.
Staffing Change Term 2
Miss Buller (K3, K4) will be taking parental leave as of next term. We wish Miss Buller good luck and look forward to meeting her new bundle of joy!
- Mrs Heim will be working in K3 next term with Mrs Mullett.
- Mrs Jones will be working on Mondays in K4, with Mrs Toonen working from Tuesday to Friday.
How is your child going at school? I encourage you to talk with your classroom teacher and find out. Send an email or message via ClassDojo. We are here to work with you to get the best from every child.
Our Positive Expectation Plan is making a difference. All students are explicitly taught, modelled and rewarded for displaying our expected behaviours across the school. We are seeing many positives, and I look forward to sharing them at the next P&C meeting.
It is a work in progress and feedback is sought from the community to further improve the plan. Please click HERE to answer a short survey.
Road Safety- School Surrounds
We continue to work closely with the City of Wanneroo to improve road safety around drop off and pick up times. Over the holidays, we have been successful in our requests to get the line marking in the kiss n ride bays repainted.
Over the holiday period, we have some minor works occurring on site. The works being completed are:
- Painting: Atrium, Associate Principal rooms, undercover area, toilet blocks, some external walls.
- Recarpeting: Administration block, staffroom and E-Learning room.
- New shed behind the West Coast Language Development Centres admin transportable.
- Shade sails installation between M Block and K Block, thanks to our P&C.
As we move towards the end of term, I wish all students a relaxing and rewarding holiday break. You have earnt it. If you are going away, travel safe and enjoy it. We all look forward to seeing you all back on Tuesday 26th April. If there are any changes to normal school routine over the holidays, I will communicate them via email.