Dear Parent and Carers,
As we enter the third week of the school year, we have been busy creating and maintaining an environment where all students are provided with every opportunity to succeed. Our whole school focus has been on setting clear expectations for our students once they walk through the school gates.
Our staff are amazing at building positive relationships, engaging with students and getting the very best out of them.
At Quinns Beach Primary School, we are caring, respectful, resilient and successful. These are our expectations for all staff, students and community members. The Positive Expectations Plan continues to be a focus for us all. The plan is in place and will be reviewed each term.
We are pleased to welcome twenty seven new families to Quinns Beach School. We hope you enjoy your time as part of our community.
Mr Leon Durrant has been appointed as our chaplain while Olivia Weck is on parental leave. Please make him feel welcome when you see him around the school.
Our first assembly will be held in the undercover area on Friday 24th Feb at 8.45am. We will reintroduce our student leadership team and announce the new Faction Captains for 2023. For our new families PP-Year6 if your child is to receive a merit certificate at an assembly, you will be notified by your child’s teacher. This hopefully will give you time to organise your commitments and attend the assembly.
Thank you to our families past and present who have offered to donate books for our students. This week we received some positive news about the state of the library: –
- The library has now been declared safe for cleaning and refurbishment. This should be completed over the next few weeks.
- Enough iPads have survived the flood for us to go forward with PAT testing and NAPLAN practice and testing. Mrs Pereira is busily cleaning the iPads for student use.
Student and Community Safety
The care and safety of our students is always at the forefront of the decisions we make. The following are some expectations to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Apart from our trained school dog, dogs are not permitted inside the school gates.
- Adults and children are asked to walk their bikes and scooters through the school grounds.
- When using the Kiss and Drive students need to be picked up on the school gate side of Santa Barbara. Please do not call students across the road in front of the oncoming traffic.
- Students who arrive at school before the doors open at 8.20am need to go straight to the undercover area.
- The spider frame and adjacent sandpit are leased by the before and after school care. Students may only use the equipment between 9am and 2.30pm as indicated by the signs posted in the play area.
Afternoon Star Reward
The reward for students who have earnt the required Star Coin target, will be participating in a reward afternoon on Friday 3rd March. More information will be provided next week .
Are you connected to your child’s classroom? If not, you may be missing important information from the teacher. Please get in touch with the teacher if you require guidance.
P&C- Calling all parents
The first meeting for the year will be held on Wednesday evening, 1st March at 6.15pm in the staffroom. I would encourage any parent to turn up for one hour and meet new parents and see how you can help support our school. Now more than ever, it would be great to see a show of community. See you there.
School Board Parent Nominations
The School Board is seeking two parents to nominate for the school board. I invite you to nominate yourself or if you would like further information, please email me directly Julia.Hodge@education.wa.edu.au If we have more than two parents nominating, I will be in touch to talk further as an election will need to take place.
As always, if you have any questions, please contact me at the school. Enjoy the rest of the week and stay cool.
Julia Hodge – Principal