I truly feel bittersweet as the outgoing Principal of Quinns Beach PS.
We have made excellent progress over the last 18 months and please trust me when I say that plans are in place for the work to continue into 2023 and beyond. Quinns Beach is lucky to have committed staff, who are here for your children and only want this school to be the best it can be. Please continue to support our staff, our students and community.
I would love to see more parents and carers get involved in the School Board or P&C to provide input into the direction of the school and what it can offer.
Thank you for supporting me in my role as Principal. Thanks to all staff, students, parents/carers and community members that I have met and worked with. It has been a pleasure and look forward to seeing how well Quinns Beach PS is doing in the future.
I wish you all a safe and rewarding holiday season and wish you all the best for your family and future.
Ms Hodge, Associate Principal will step up into the principal role for Term 1, whilst a process is undertaken by North Metro Regional Education Office to select a new permanent Principal. Hopefully the successful applicant will commence in Term 2.
- We thank and farewell Miss Maclay, Miss Cooper and Ms Jones at the end of 2022 and wish them well for their future endeavours. Thank you for what you have done for our students and school.
- Mrs Leigh will step up as full time Associate Principal in Term 1.
- Ms Abello will be replacing Mrs Leigh in the Year 2, K4 classroom for Term 1.
- Mr Kemp will on long service leave for the first 6 weeks of 2023. We wish Mr Kemp a well-deserved break and longer extension to his Christmas holidays. Mrs Rees will be filling that role.
- We welcome Mr Matthew Shallcross as the new PE Specialist. Mr Shallcross comes from Aveley Secondary College with experience in the primary sector as well.
Class Lists 2023
You will receive an email shortly indicating which class your child will be in for 2023. There is no movement at this point, as we have over 400 students to consider. We will continue to work with you to make sure your child has a successful year. Thank you to the parents who provided class placement requests before the deadline.
Last Day of School
Tomorrow students are encouraged to wear appropriate free dress. There will also be a short farewell informal student gathering in the undercover area at 2.30pm.
Thank you Dominos Jindalee!!!
A massive shout out to Domino’s for supplying all of M Block with free pizza for their class parties yesterday. This was only happened when Mr P went to pick up all the pizza and pay. Hoping our parents can repay their generosity by paying them a visit!
2023 Preparation- Important Dates
- Students are due back to school on Wednesday 1st February.
- The front office will be open on Friday 27th January.
- The uniform shop will be open Friday 27th and Monday 30th January from 8am to 10am.
- Booklists have been provided to all students and is also available in the book list section.
- On Tuesday 31st January between 2.00pm and 2.45pm, parents and carers are invited to come into their child’s classroom, meet the staff and drop off booklist items.